Phone: 0114 275 1210

Our History

Why our past is important to your future

  • 1920s-1930s: Thanks to rapid expansion in the 1920s and 30s, the business relocated to bigger premises on Leyburn Road and Horace handed the baton to his son Edward.
  • 1960s: The business continued to thrive and over 50 electricians were involved in the installation and maintenance of the largest rolling mill in Europe at Ponderosa.
  • 1978 – 1993: The Managing Director, Michael Edwards Barnes, moved the business to Hillfoot Road, which remains the site of the stores and fabrication department today. The business diversified to broader areas of electrical contracting.
  • 1993: Former apprentice Andrew Rogers returned as Managing Director. Under his leadership, the business expanded into service retail chains, focused on growing repeat business and developed its mechanical and electrical services.

Family-owned until 2012, everyone in the business relishes in the strong, positive and progressive culture inherited from the founding family and is committed to continuing the legacy and great work of Horace Edwards Barnes for many years to come.

© Copyright HE Barnes 2024
Privacy Policy

Website design and build by Grey Matter | web design sheffield