Our business is a two-way street; we want to put back in what we take out.
As a company with a strong sense of local heritage and family values, it’s vitally important that we give something back to the communities that have supported us and contributed to making us the business we are today.
That’s why we actively engage with community initiatives and continually fund raise for important local charities. Giving a few notable examples, we’ve achieved the following through our programme of corporate and social responsibility:
- We’ve raised over £17,000 for local charities in the last five years.
- A rousing rock and roll night raised £1,000 for Roundabout, a local charity providing shelter, support and life skills to young people in Sheffield.
- A charity fishing project raised funds for The Blakemore Foundation as a thank you to our customer, Spar.
- Sponsorship of several grassroots football clubs
- Volunteer installations at charities such as BIADS and St. Wilfrid’s
Furthermore, we don’t just want to do our bit for the environment, we want to do our best for it. Energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources are always taken into consideration and have been a central part of our direction in recent years. This is why we felt it important to become ISO 14001 certified.
We fully comply with WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) regulations to help minimise our contribution to landfill and we recycle whenever possible.
“Caring for the world around us, our neighbours, our environment and of course our own workforce is pivotal to the success of our business,”
Dave Warren, Health & Safety Manager, H. E. Barnes